Are you looking to get more traffic to your Shopify site? Would you love to improve the quality of the leads that you’re getting?
Well look no further because we’re showing you how to optimize your Shopify store for SEO, so your site can rank higher in search results and get better-quality traffic
Improve the experience for visitors
A great place to start is the user experience.
When you improve the experience that visitors have when they’re on your website, you make it easier for them to find what they're looking for and follow through with making a purchase.
Not to mention, search engines like Google and Bing love it when a website is easy to navigate. So optimize it by making your site super user-friendly, and it will be more likely to appear in search results.
A few ways to do this include: switching to a faster and mobile-friendly theme, removing any apps that aren’t adding value to your site, and swapping out images that are decreasing your site speed.
Use the right keywords
Next, do a review of your product and service pages to make sure that they’re using relevant keywords to appear in search results.
This can be done a few ways:
- Google's Keyword Planner tool. This will give you an idea of what people search for most often when they're looking for ecommerce sites like yours. It should also help establish what keywords are popular with your target audience and which ones aren't very popular at all.
- Shopify's built-in keyword tool. You'll be able to see which keywords have high search volumes and low competition scores, making them potentially good choices if they apply well to what you sell on Shopify.
Create links to your store
Next, you want to get links from other popular websites to your Shopify store. This is called link building.
There are a few ways that you can do this:
- Ask friends, family, complementary businesses, and previous customers if they’d be willing to share links to your store from their social media pages, or websites. This can be done for free if they love what you offer, or offered for a small fee.
- Write guest blog posts for other websites. Guest blogging is a great way to get organic traffic without paying for ads, because it's all about building relationships with people who have large audiences and getting your business noticed.
- Use your website link on social media pages, and in social media posts whenever possible. But make sure these are relevant to what you’re selling in your store so you don’t dilute the value.
Hire a Shopify expert
If you're looking to optimize your Shopify site for SEO, the first thing you should do is hire an expert. Trust us when we say that the right agency can make all the difference and save you a lot of time and money — especially if they’re fluent in ecommerce.
What's more, it's important to consider what kind of expertise you're after before hiring. Ideally, you want someone who has a deep knowledge of Shopify to support your business with zero training, along with optimizing websites for search.
There are many important factors that go into optimizing your Shopify site
In the world of SEO, there are many important factors that go into optimizing your Shopify site for search engines. In order to become a top-ranking ecommerce business in Google and other search engines you'll need to put in the work.
But now that you have some essential tools to improve your site's SEO, it’s time to put them into practice. Remember: there is no easy way to rank for search, but with hard work and continued optimization, your store will see results!