In the age of Uber eats and online shopping - it’s more crucial than ever for businesses to offer an e-commerce experience to their customers, to remain competitive. The digital marketplace enables businesses to attract new customers and serve existing customers more effectively.
However, not all businesses have the funds or resources to get their business online. At Good Commerce, we’re constantly seeking out grants available to help those businesses. Recently the Canadian Government announced a new grant, the Grow Your Business Online grant will help up to 90,000 small businesses take advantage of e-commerce opportunities.
Eligible businesses will receive a micro-grant of up to $2,400 to help with the costs associated with getting their business online or entering the digital marketplace, as well as advertising online.
Step 1: Use the assessment tool to determine if your business is eligible and best suited for the Grow Your Business Online grant.
Step 2: Ensure your business meets the required criteria to apply. See here.
Step 3: Businesses will be directed to their local service providers in their home province or region for details on how to apply for the grant.
Step 4: Your service provider will ensure that your business meets the eligibility requirements.
Applications can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- Is a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives)
- Is a registered or incorporated business
- Is a consumer-facing business
- Can be accessed by consumers or provides in-person services to consumers
- Has at least one employee
- Must commit to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for six months after participation in the program
- Must consent to participating in follow-up surveys, sharing information with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of the business published as a recipient of funding
The following types of small businesses are ineligible:
- Corporate chains, franchises or registered charities
- Representatives of multi-level marketing companies
- Real estate brokerages
Learn MoreTo learn more about this grant, or to apply, visit the website here.